From: Anton Kochnev <ak1920@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] suggest not-net-hungry Linux
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:20:18
1 ÷ ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÉ ÏÔ Friday 26 September 2008 22:38:36 Andrew Gaydenko ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ(Á):
2 > No, no, no!... I was, is and am going to be on Gentoo. Just want to install
3 > Linux to my friend's PC. I can download installation CD iso (or two), but
4 > the main problem is, that PC during next few months will have dialup
5 > connection (33600) only. As a result, I need to choose Linux with minimal
6 > net traffic in mind (just security updates will be sufficient). There are
7 > no any special demands (OOo, images and PDF viewer, Firefox, Thunderbird
8 > and Krusader (or other two panel file manager) will be a sufficient apps
9 > set for beginning, + booting to level 5).
10 >
11 > Suggestions?
12 >
13 > P.S. You see, there is a little sense to address this question to, say,
14 > suse or ubuntu or other candidate's community :-) - so, excuse please for
15 > OT.
18 > Andrew
19
20 I have been using gentoo two years. And I have dialup connection only. My
21 desktop - KDE. :)
22
23 The secret is: emerge-delta-webrsync for updating portages and deltup for
24 sources.
27 Best regargs,
28 Anton Kochnev
29