From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd? [ Was: The End Is Near ... ]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:35:42
1 On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 02:49:56 -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > > They ensure that there is an sshd configuration file and
4 > > give a meaningful message (including where to find the sample) if it
5 > > is not present, and check for the presence of the hostkeys (again
6 > > which are needed) and create them if they are not present. Your 9
7 > > lines of sshd.service do none of this.
8 >
9 > That is completely true. I also think that those checks does not
10 > belong into the init script: I think the configuration file presence
11 > should be guarantee by the package manager at install time, and so the
12 > creation of the hostkeys.
13
14 sshd is a bit of a special case. Think like CDs, like SystemRescueCD. If
15 the keys were created at installation time, every CD would have the same
16 keys, which is not particularly desirable.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I heard someone tried the monkeys-on-typewriters bit trying for the plays
23 of W. Shakespeare but all they got was the collected works of Francis
24 Bacon