From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating installation for "slow" system on a "big" host
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:48:56
Hello.

I finally bought myself a somewhat low end notebook on which I want
to install Gentoo as well. Since this is a "low end" box and since
my main system is not "low end" :), I'd like to compile as much as
possible on the "big" server and then later copy (or whatever) the
compiled packages over to the slower system.

Those two systems will be in a LAN. Always.

What's the best method to accomplish that? I guess, that there's
already documentation about such a setup out there. Thus, I would
of course very much appreciate, if you could point me to good
documentation.

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
		-- Grace Murray Hopper