From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about Seamonkey and a test.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:40:10
1 Am 17.03.2010 12:21, schrieb Dale:
2 > stosss wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> stosss wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>>>
9 >>>>
10 [...]
11
12 >>>>>
13 >>>>> I assume that is what you are talking about. I have not been able
14 >>>>> to get
15 >>>>> gmail to send me a copy. I know the mailing list software sends a
16 >>>>> copy
17 >>>>> back
18 >>>>> but gmail won't let me get it over pop access.
19 >>>>>
20 >>>>>
21 >>>> sorry, I was talking about setting gmail to send you a copy of your
22 >>>> email.
23 >>>>
24 >>> Where is that setting? I have looked but maybe they are calling it
25 >>> something that I'm not recognizing. I just looked again and they
26 >>> have added
27 >>> a LOT of new settings. I don't see that one tho. It is hiding from
28 >>> me and
29 >>> I would really like to have that.
30 >>>
31 >> It does not appear to be possible now. I have never used it. I like
32 >> the way it puts it in the thread in my account.
33 >>
34 > Ahhh, I use the email client part of Seamonkey. I don't use the webmail
35 > for gmail. It has a copy, last I looked, in the inbox but it doesn't
36 > let it be downloaded with pop access. I hope that makes sense. ;-)
39 I've never tried it but couldn't you just create a filter in Seamonkey
40 which copies all mails in 'Sent Items' to your inbox which where sent to
41 a mailing list (Extras -> Filter ...)?
42
43 Also, at least in Thunderbird, you can set the 'Sent Items' folder for
44 each account and each identity (Edit -> Account settings -> Additional
45 Identities). So, if you create a different identity for sending to the
46 mailing list, you could just let Seamonkey put your sent items in your
47 inbox.
48
49 Hope this helps,
50 Florian Philipp
51
52 P.S. I had to translate all buttons and setting names from German to
53 English. Therefore 'Additional Idenities' could also be 'More
54 Identities' and so on.