From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about Seamonkey and a test.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:57:25
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > I've never tried it but couldn't you just create a filter in Seamonkey
3 > which copies all mails in 'Sent Items' to your inbox which where sent to
4 > a mailing list (Extras -> Filter ...)?
5 >
6 > Also, at least in Thunderbird, you can set the 'Sent Items' folder for
7 > each account and each identity (Edit -> Account settings -> Additional
8 > Identities). So, if you create a different identity for sending to the
9 > mailing list, you could just let Seamonkey put your sent items in your
10 > inbox.
11 >
12 > Hope this helps,
13 > Florian Philipp
14 >
15 > P.S. I had to translate all buttons and setting names from German to
16 > English. Therefore 'Additional Idenities' could also be 'More
17 > Identities' and so on.
21 I don't know if Seamonkey can do that or not. What I have tried is to
22 CC myself, BCC myself and setting up the gmail server so that I can have
23 a copy. The only way that I know works is to go to the sent folder and
24 just copy it to the folder for the mailing list.
25
26 The biggest problem with that is that the first message I send doesn't
27 thread properly. So basically anyone who responds just appears out of
28 nowhere. If I send a new message to this list and two people respond,
29 it is two separate threads. Which is sometimes confusing. I usually
30 tag the threads I start in red just to make sure I don't miss something.
31
32 I think what I need is to change my email address ONE MORE TIME. I need
33 a server that will send me copies and also not filter spam. I rarely
34 use the webmail part and I do get false positives sometimes and have to
35 go dig on the server to find them. I have to do this every couple weeks
36 with gmail now. I thought about just paying for Yahoo since I have
37 three accounts there. I could pay for one of them and then have pop
38 access. I think I can disable their spam filters too.
39
40 I think to much sometimes. :/
41
42 Dale