From: Wolfgang Liebich <wolfgang.liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rdesktop always fails with "ERROR: send: Connection reset by peer"
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 07:14:33
1 Hi,
2 Sorry for writing the first email in german - it was meant for
3 gentoo-user-de :-/
4 Now the same question in english...
5 Wolfgang Liebich schrieb:
6 I've got a new PC at work and installed it with gentoo linux. My old
7 work PC is also a gentoo system. I tried to setup
8 the machines pretty similar. BUT:
9 On my new PC rdesktop can't connect to any of our WindowsXP machines. I
10 always get the error message listed above
11 (a windows for rdesktop appears & disappears after the error msg is
12 shown). On my OLD system, rdesktop (with the SAME
13 arguments) works as designed! According to eix the same version of
14 rdesktop is installed on both systems (which are kept up to date
15 with frequent emerge --deep --newuse --tree --ask world).
16
17 eix -I rdesktop ays:
18 * net-misc/rdesktop
19 Available versions: 1.4.1 ~1.5.0 ~1.5.0-r1
20 Installed: 1.4.1
21 Homepage: http://rdesktop.sourceforge.net/
23 according to equery uses the USE flags are the same, too:
24
25 equery uses rdesktop
26 [ Searching for packages matching rdesktop... ]
27 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
28 [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from
29 make.conf ]
30 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed
31 with ]
32 [ Found these USE variables for net-misc/rdesktop-1.4.1 ]
33 U I
34 - - debug : Tells configure and the makefiles to build for debugging.
35 Effects vary across packages, but generally it will at least add -g to
36 CFLAGS. Remember to set FEATURES=nostrip too
37 - - ipv6 : Adds support for IP version 6
38 - - oss : Adds support for OSS (Open Sound System)
41 So ... how can I proceed?
42 Puzzled in Vienna,
43 Wolfgang Liebich
44 --