From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rdesktop always fails with "ERROR: send: Connection reset by peer"
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:20:32
1 On Thursday 09 November 2006 07:09, Wolfgang Liebich wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Sorry for writing the first email in german - it was meant for
4 > gentoo-user-de :-/
5 > Now the same question in english...
6 > Wolfgang Liebich schrieb:
7 > I've got a new PC at work and installed it with gentoo linux. My old
8 > work PC is also a gentoo system. I tried to setup
9 > the machines pretty similar. BUT:
10 > On my new PC rdesktop can't connect to any of our WindowsXP machines. I
11 > always get the error message listed above
12 > (a windows for rdesktop appears & disappears after the error msg is
13 > shown).
14
15 I assume that you have checked all the obvious access rights and network
16 configuration issues (like the firewall configuration on the WinXP machines,
17 the particular -l username access rights for login on interactively at the
18 WinXP console, etc.)?
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick