From: Wolfgang Liebich <wolfgang.liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rdesktop always fails with "ERROR: send: Connection reset by peer"
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:04:48
1 Hi,
2 Mick schrieb:
3 > On Thursday 09 November 2006 07:09, Wolfgang Liebich wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >> Sorry for writing the first email in german - it was meant for
6 >> gentoo-user-de :-/
7 >> Now the same question in english...
8 >> Wolfgang Liebich schrieb:
9 >> I've got a new PC at work and installed it with gentoo linux. My old
10 >> work PC is also a gentoo system. I tried to setup
11 >> the machines pretty similar. BUT:
12 >> On my new PC rdesktop can't connect to any of our WindowsXP machines. I
13 >> always get the error message listed above
14 >> (a windows for rdesktop appears & disappears after the error msg is
15 >> shown).
16 >
17 > I assume that you have checked all the obvious access rights and network
18 > configuration issues (like the firewall configuration on the WinXP machines,
19 > the particular -l username access rights for login on interactively at the
20 > WinXP console, etc.)?
21
22 Yes:
23 - There is no firewall between the winxp machines (plural :-/) and the
24 linux boxen (old or new)
25 - I do net even GET to the login mask, so user permissions don't play a
26 role (and if I connect from the OLD gentoo box, I can login).
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list