From: Sandy McGuffog <mcguffogl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMWare?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:12:46
1 I too run VMWare 5 on XP (as well as a dual boot installation) and can
2 confirm it runs at near native speeds.
3
4 Be aware however that there is an issue with the clock on 2.4 series
5 kernels - due to the changes made to run at 1000Hz, you will find that
6 Gentoo's clock no longer keeps perfect time. This problem can be
7 improved, but not completely solved, by (a) recompiling the kernel to
8 run at a lower clock and (b) running the VMWare toolkit, which has a
9 clock "helper"
10