From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with script calling OOCalc on amd64
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:56:18
1 On Tuesday 16 March 2010 07:40:04 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > What does
3 >
4 > xterm -fg green -bg black -e 'gpg Personal/data.ods.gpg;echo $?' tell you?
5
6 It doesn't return anything on the terminal I launch it from, but decrypts the
7 file in an xterm and then closes it (the xterm). So the gpg part works fine.
8
9 > I'm thinking that gpg fails, so oocalc never launches (because you
10 > conditioned its execution with '&&', and the script continues to shred the
11 > file.
12
13 The gpg part does not fail, because when I run:
14
15 xterm -fg green -bg black -e 'gpg Personal/data.ods.gpg && oocalc \
16 Personal/data.ods'
17
18 An xterm opens up asks for a passwd to decrypt the file, decrypts it and
19 launches OOo. However, the xterm dies immediately after that.
20
21 On my x86 machine, the xterm stays open until I close OOo. This is how it
22 should work; i.e. the xterm should continue to run as long as any processes
23 within it are still running.
24
25 This makes me think that it may be some env or profile difference ...? What
26 would control this behaviour in an xterm?
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick