From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with script calling OOCalc on amd64
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:15:43
1 ok. I didn't realize that oocalc actually executed in your first attempt.
2 Out of ideas then.
3
4 FWIW - a few guesses: I'd execute oocalc under strace, and try to find
5 what is killing oocalc (does it decide to exit, or is it sent some
6 signal). If your suspecting xterm to be the culprit (i.e., yr script
7 works-as-expected w/o the xterm wrap) then maybe it'll be worthwhile
8 looking into the X resources yr xterm is reading.
9 HTH
10 Amit
11