From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a good replacement for XFCE?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:51:59
1 On 2016-09-25, Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 2016-09-25 00:13, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> I liked openbox though, so if LXDE refuses to handle multiple screens
5 >> I may stick with openbox and try to find some other panel program that
6 >> does work with multiple screens.
7 >
8 > What does a panel give you the per-desktop window menu in openbox doesn't?
9
10 Mostly, I want a taskbar showing all of the windows (iconified or not)
11 and a way to un-iconify them. You can get most of the same stuff in
12 the openbox center-click menu, but I prefer an auto-hide task-bar at
13 the top of each screen.
16 Grant