From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32 bit binaries: installing/running on amd64 system
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:34:02
1 On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:21:00 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2
3 > I think this is a step in the right direction. However, does this apply
4 > to 32 bit binaries one might wish to install from an RPM, for example,
5 > or a DEB file, from a 32 bit dist?
6
7 Normally you just install those as normal. 32 bit binaries usually run
8 on AMD64 without modification. For example, I have openoffice-bin,
9 firefox-bin and vmware-workstation, all 32 bit packages, running on this
10 amd64 box.
11
12 The chroot is only needed if you want to build 32 bit binaries.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?