From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32 bit binaries: installing/running on amd64 system
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:19:44
1 I really appreciate the help.
2
3 I am looking at several 32 bit binary packages that are only downloadable as
4 32 bit rpms or debs. For example: fledermaus and a related 3D viewer for
5 bathymetry files, and two different video editors. They are not available as
6 source, and they certainly are not available as ebuilds, or prepackaged in
7 any way.
8
9 So, I can copy the binaries etc by hand into the chroot environment? Or
10 perhaps even unpack using "rpm" or apt? WOuld I need to produce an ebuild of
11 some kind? (Something akin to climbing Mt. Everest, I guess).
12
13 Thanks again,
14
15 Alan