From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About ready to move /usr, /var and /home to LVM.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:58:56
1 On Sat, April 14, 2012 4:28 pm, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 <SNIPPED>
4
5 > As we are out of rational ideas, have you tried unplugging the old disk?
6 > You don't need it for booting at the moment, right? AS SATA is
7 > hot-plugin capable, you can re-insert it later.
8
9 Be careful here, not all SATA-controllers/ports on mainboards are hotplug
10 capable. I have a mainboard that becomes really unstable when I try to
11 hot(un)plug a harddisk.
12 It runs perfectly fine as long as I switch the computer off before
13 swapping harddrives.
16 Joost