From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About ready to move /usr, /var and /home to LVM.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:49:20
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, April 14, 2012 4:28 pm, Florian Philipp wrote:
4 >
5 > <SNIPPED>
6 >
7 >> As we are out of rational ideas, have you tried unplugging the old disk?
8 >> You don't need it for booting at the moment, right? AS SATA is
9 >> hot-plugin capable, you can re-insert it later.
10 >
11 > Be careful here, not all SATA-controllers/ports on mainboards are hotplug
12 > capable. I have a mainboard that becomes really unstable when I try to
13 > hot(un)plug a harddisk.
14 > It runs perfectly fine as long as I switch the computer off before
15 > swapping harddrives.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Joost
24 According to the manual, mine is. Given my luck, I don't want to try
25 it. ;-)
26
27 Dale
28
32 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
33 how you interpreted my words!
34
35 Miss the compile output? Hint:
36 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"