From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unsuscribe
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:10:40
1 Michael Crute schreef:
2 > Why dont we just change it so that unsubscribe in the subject line
3 > unsubscribes you (like every other mailing list on the internet)?
4 >
5 Interestingly enough, I just checked three of the several mailing lists
6 to which I am subscribed, and none of them take unsubscription by
7 sending a mail *to the list* with the subject "unsubscribe".
8
9 So I was under the impression that "every other mailing list on the
10 Internet" was unsubscribed by sending such a mail to the *list
11 controller* (whatever mailman or its alternatives are called as a
12 class), not the list itself, and that was thus 'normal' behaviour.
13
14 You learn something new every day.
15
16 Holly