From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] line wrap over in xterm/konsole
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 12:57:33
1 I'm not sure I use the correct terminology below, but please bear with me
2 while I try to describe a long standing problem I'm trying to solve:
3
4 I've been mostly using x11-terms/rxvt-unicode as a terminal emulator in X.
5 When resizing its window to a larger width, long lines of code which had
6 wrapped over to the next line, are re-adjusted (reflow) to the new line length
7 covering the increased width of the resized wider window. I assume this is
8 because the urxvt window content is redrawn in real time. Not all commands
9 allow this. For example, 'ps axf' neither wraps over nor is redrawn, chopping
10 off all content not fitting within the available terminal window width.
11
12 In xterm and friends the lines remain at the same original fixed width,
13 whether the window is resized to a wider setting or not. In other words the
14 line of code does not reflow to adapt to the extra length afforded by a now
15 wider window aperture.
16
17 Is there some setting I can apply to address this annoying phenomenon?
20 Regards,
21 Mick