From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filetimestamp needed by emerge ?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 04:50:53
1 On Friday 21 April 2006 06:35, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to cp -a /usr/portage to another partition to make room on /
5 >
6 > When I will do this, all files of the portage directory will get
7 > a new and nearly identical timestamp.
8 >
9 > Will this hurt the packaging/compiling or "anything related to
10 > administer gentoo"-thingy ?
11 >
12 > Thank you very much in advance for any helpful reply ! :)
13 >
14 > Keep hacking!
15 > mcc
16
17 I have experience only with distfiles on vfat partition. generally it can be
18 that way but without lockfile and cvs and svn. and probably resume on
19 unfinished downloads corrupts files but I'm not sure about it.
20 To avoid very complex setup i steal space from vfat in favor of ext3 to put
21 distfiles on.
24 Linux 2.6.15-ck7 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
25 07:28:29 up 5:04, 5 users, load average: 1.25, 1.13, 1.10
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list