From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filetimestamp needed by emerge ?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:28:49
1 On 4/20/06 11:41 PM, "Martins Steinbergs" <mar@××.lv> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 21 April 2006 06:35, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I want to cp -a /usr/portage to another partition to make room on /
7 >>
8 >> When I will do this, all files of the portage directory will get
9 >> a new and nearly identical timestamp.
10 >>
11 >> Will this hurt the packaging/compiling or "anything related to
12 >> administer gentoo"-thingy ?
13 >>
14 >> Thank you very much in advance for any helpful reply ! :)
15 >>
16 >> Keep hacking!
17 >> mcc
18 Rsync -a is a better tool for that, as it will preserve
19 timestamps/permissions, etc.
20 >
21 > I have experience only with distfiles on vfat partition. generally it can be
22 > that way but without lockfile and cvs and svn. and probably resume on
23 > unfinished downloads corrupts files but I'm not sure about it.
24 > To avoid very complex setup i steal space from vfat in favor of ext3 to put
25 > distfiles on.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list