From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'Hibernate' by power button
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:19:19
1 On Saturday, 17 February 2007 5:31, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > A few weeks ago I updated acpi and hibernate and their relevant
5 > configuration files. Since then when I press the power button on my laptop
6 > nothing happens.
7 >
8 > Clearly something was changed, intentionally or otherwise, and this feature
9 > is no longer available to me. Would you care to point me in the right
10 > direction - how do I set my power button to run the hibernate script?
11
12 I assume you're using acpid. Look in /etc/acpi/ there is a default script that
13 is run for acpi events, it handles the power button by calling /sbin/init 0.
14 Replace the command it runs with hibernate or similar.
17 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list