From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] executing a file on a usb thumb drive
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 03:40:12
1 On 22/3/20 5:34 pm, Dale wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >> Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
4 >>> ...
5 >>> William, if you can get it installed on your system, folks above you
6 >>> would allow it, it is a nifty and quite simple thing to use.  Sorting
7 >>> out the initial kinks took some time but once done, it's done.  The only
8 >>> part I didn't care much for, the part where I had to move the mouse
9 >>> pointer all over the place.  Wrecks havoc on my wrist since it took a
10 >>> while to get that little bar thingy all the way to the end.
11 >>>
12 >>> Hope this helps someone else with one or more of these issues.
13 >>>
14 >>> Dale
15 >>>
17 >>>
18 Hi, yes I did install veracrypt and it looked very good up until I tried
19 it at work - it was fine on my own windows instances in testing.
20
21 I was talking of the encryption built into the windows kernel - it can
22 also be done on the linux side but I have not looked into if veracrypt
23 uses it.
24
25 Bill K.