From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I report a bad distfiles server?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 17:13:35
1 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 12/21/20 6:09 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I've been running into this a while now.  It seems one server is no
6 >> longer hosting, is broken or something and it results in wasted time as
7 >> it attempts to use it and retries many times.  The server is
8 >> gentoo.mirrors.easynews.com.  I just removed it from make.conf so that I
9 >> don't run into the problem anymore.  While that likely fixes my problem,
10 >> should I reach out to someone and report that that server is no longer
11 >> working so it can be either fixed or removed from the lists?  If so,
12 >> who/where do I report it?  b.g.o maybe?  This is what I get:
15 > I'm sure the infrastructure team would like to be aware of potentially
16 > malfunctioning servers. If it were me, I'd file a bug and tag it
17 > Infrastructure somehow so they are aware of it.
18 >
19 > Dan
23 I took the leap and filed one.
24