From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should I report a bad distfiles server?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 16:19:13
1 On 12/21/20 6:09 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I've been running into this a while now.  It seems one server is no
5 > longer hosting, is broken or something and it results in wasted time as
6 > it attempts to use it and retries many times.  The server is
7 > gentoo.mirrors.easynews.com.  I just removed it from make.conf so that I
8 > don't run into the problem anymore.  While that likely fixes my problem,
9 > should I reach out to someone and report that that server is no longer
10 > working so it can be either fixed or removed from the lists?  If so,
11 > who/where do I report it?  b.g.o maybe?  This is what I get:
14 I'm sure the infrastructure team would like to be aware of potentially
15 malfunctioning servers. If it were me, I'd file a bug and tag it
16 Infrastructure somehow so they are aware of it.
17
18 Dan