From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge custom notes reminders
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 16:36:50
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 09:28:27 -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 >> I didn't pay attention to it as my scanner was already configured.
5 >> What it didn't tell me that the upgrade emptied my configuration file:
6 >> /opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/brsanenetdevice4.cfg
7 >>
8 >> It is not a Gentoo like behaviour. If there are any changes need to be
9 >> made it should be done via: cfgupdate etc. style; not just wipe the
10 >> configuration file.
11 > It was overwritten because that directory is not part of CONFIG_PROTECT,
12 > hardly surprising as that is not a standard configuration location. If
13 > the device can't be configured from a file in /etc the ebuild needs to
14 > back up the configuration before installing the new version, so file a
15 > bug with the overlay.
19 Couldn't that location be added in make.conf?  As you pointed out, it
20 shouldn't be there but since it is, maybe protection can be added to
21 prevent future issues.
22
23 Dale
24