From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge custom notes reminders
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 16:41:23
1 On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:36:37 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > It was overwritten because that directory is not part of
4 > > CONFIG_PROTECT, hardly surprising as that is not a standard
5 > > configuration location. If the device can't be configured from a file
6 > > in /etc the ebuild needs to back up the configuration before
7 > > installing the new version, so file a bug with the overlay.
8
9 > Couldn't that location be added in make.conf?  As you pointed out, it
10 > shouldn't be there but since it is, maybe protection can be added to
11 > prevent future issues.
12
13 I imagine that would prevent the new driver being installed too. The
14 problem appears to stem from having the binary and configuration file in
15 the same directory.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 How do I set my laser printer to stun?