From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ way OT] Is my hard drive sick?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:20:31
1 On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:44:42 -0600
2 Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > What does Vista look like anyway? I don't think I have ever even seen
5 > it. I have heard it sucks with older hardware tho. One friend of
6 > mine switched back to XP. No internet and no printer.
7
8 I am friends with tech shop owners -- clearly they spend most of
9 their time fixing windoze pcs -- and this is surprisingly common.
10 People really got burned on the vista thing.
11
12 Frankly, vista looks a lot like osX in my opinion. It has desktop
13 widget things like a clock and calendar, lots of destop candy -- you
14 can get many the same results with compiz-fusion or whatever the kids
15 are running nowadays. Aside from having crummy driver support (perhaps
16 now windoze-users will see what the linux people have been complaining
17 about concerning manufacturer driver support). I know of a few people
18 that have even become linux converts after their vista experience.
19
20 the happy fact of the matter is that vista is strongly disliked by
21 consumers. off the top of my head, I cant think of any savvy users
22 that have it on their computers.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list