From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:16:18
1 On Sunday 17 May 2015 10:09:11 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Just a few clarifications below.
3 >
4 > One thing this discussion is missing is any mention of BIOS / EFI.
5
6 Which reminds me: can anyone here confirm whether grub-legacy can handle GPT?
7 I'm getting close to building my new system and I don't want to change too
8 many things at once. By which I mean that I'm going to try btrfs (my fingers
9 will learn how to type that one day), and I might go for GPT if it's not going
10 to cause a lot of trouble, but I really don't want to have to wrestle with
11 grub-2 at the same time. Maybe later.
12
13 So, GPT with legacy grub, anyone?
16 Rgds
17 Peter