From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:24:11
1 On Wed, 20 May 2015 10:16:09 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Which reminds me: can anyone here confirm whether grub-legacy can
4 > handle GPT? I'm getting close to building my new system and I don't
5 > want to change too many things at once. By which I mean that I'm going
6 > to try btrfs (my fingers will learn how to type that one day), and I
7 > might go for GPT if it's not going to cause a lot of trouble, but I
8 > really don't want to have to wrestle with grub-2 at the same time.
9 > Maybe later.
10 >
11 > So, GPT with legacy grub, anyone?
12
13 It should do, as long as you create the BIOS Boot partition at the start
14 of the drive. It shouldn't care what the BIOS is trying to load. But if
15 it's a new system, doesn't it use UEFI? In which case, grubosaurus won't
16 work but you can avoid GRUB2 by using Gummiboot, which is even simpler
17 that GRUB<1.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out it
24 would completely cover the Sahara Desert.