From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] K3b complains about my locale
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 07:53:37
1 On Saturday 31 May 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > I did not have 02locale in /etc/env.d/dir, although there was a lot of
4 > other stuff in that directory.
5 > I added the two lines.
6 > I ran env-update
7 > I ctl-alt-backspace restarted my KDE/X system
8 > I clicked k3b on the Multimedia submenu
9 >
10 > It barked at me again about x3.4-1968.
11 >
12 > So something isn't getting set up.
13 >
14 > I have a feeling about "02locale" being so specific. Why "02". Back in
15 > the days when I had
16 > a similar thing going on with SysV Init, we had such stuff in our rc.d
17 > directory for run levels.
18 > Most of those files got installed by particular owning packages. Would
19 > anyone who has
20 > this file, and does not think they created it from scratch, please find out
21 > what package
22 > it belongs to? Thanks.
23
24 I can't comment on the 02locale, because I have not used it. However, on my
25 machine setting up either the LANG=en_GB, or LC_ALL=en_GB does the trick and
26 k3b does not complain about charset ANSI_X3.4-1968 and what not.
27
28 Just a thought - have you run # locale-gen first?
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick