From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xcompmgr?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:44:12
1 On Thursday 05 January 2006 17:14, Kenton Groombridge wrote:
2 > Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
3 > >>For real transparency, yes, you need it. If you have enabled GLX and
4 > >>Composite at once, and run a GLX program, then X will crash. This is
5 > >>likely the cause of your problems. The difficulty is, for the moment,
6 > >>you have to sacrifice either GLX if you want to use Composite reliably.
7 > >
8 > >Thanks, Will try today.
9 > >I am not really sure if I am running any progs that require glx? And for
10 > >another thing I read somewhare that OO-org 2 has a problem with
11 > >transparency..
12 > >
13 > >Also do I need xcompmgr or will kompmgr work?
14 > >
15 > >Mike
16 >
17 > kompmgr works OK here, but I do find there are some quirks, but I can
18 > run GLX programs with kompmgr and nothing crashes.
19 >
20 > Ken
21 is this with nvidia? Loading glx. is it REALLY SLOW?
22
23 send me your xorg.conf offlist?
24
25 Mike