From: Kenton Groombridge <kgroombr@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xcompmgr?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 22:18:55
1 Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
2
3 >>For real transparency, yes, you need it. If you have enabled GLX and
4 >>Composite at once, and run a GLX program, then X will crash. This is
5 >>likely the cause of your problems. The difficulty is, for the moment,
6 >>you have to sacrifice either GLX if you want to use Composite reliably.
9 >Thanks, Will try today.
10 >I am not really sure if I am running any progs that require glx? And for
11 >another thing I read somewhare that OO-org 2 has a problem with
12 >transparency..
13 >
14 >Also do I need xcompmgr or will kompmgr work?
15 >
16 >Mike
19 kompmgr works OK here, but I do find there are some quirks, but I can
20 run GLX programs with kompmgr and nothing crashes.
21
22 Ken
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list