From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging or fitting images together
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 19:33:43
1 120510 Dale wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I have a lot of images scanned from old negatives of non-standard sizes,
4 >> which I had to split up into halves or quarters to process;
5 >> I was careful to use the same settings for each of the sub-parts.
6 >> Now I want to reassemble them into the original whole pictures.
7 > I have used hugin but it has been a while.
8 > As long as you have enough points tied together, it works fine.
9 > I have taken as many as 30 pictures and stitched them together.
10 > I had three rows of 10. It was of a park and it looked great when done.
11 > It took a couple tries to get it just right but it did a good job
12 > and that was a good size project. Doing 4 or 5 pictures is pretty easy.
13 > Lots of overlap is the key tho.
14
15 120510 Alex Shuster wrote :
16 > I'd use ImageMagick's montage command.
17 > You have to find out how exactly to do this, but once you know this,
18 > you can automate this and process them all at once in a loop.
19 > See http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/
20 > and esp http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/
21
22 Thanks to both ! -- Imagemagick looks as if it's very technical
23 & I'm not sure how it would handle matching overlapping photos.
24 That is what Corbet described doing & Dale seems to have done,
25 so I'll emerge Hugin & see what it can do.
26
27 As I now notice, the negatives I want to use right now are not split,
28 but there are many others which are, so this wb useful eventually.
32 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
33 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
34 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca