From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:19:40
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > How to get rid of this error:
3 > [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name
4 >
5 > Every time I start apache it generate this error in ssl_error_log
6 > My certificate is for my domain-name not my localhost, and I don't have
7 > any vhost configured with localhost so why is it trying to match
8 > `localhost' to certificate CommonName?
9
10 This is either a misconfigured apache or a wrong certificate.
11
12 Could you post the certificate?
13
14 $ openssl x509 -text -in <your_cert>