From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:03:32
1 On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 13:15 +0200, Christoph Gysin wrote:
2 > Joseph wrote:
3 > > How to get rid of this error:
4 > > [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `localhost' does NOT match server name
5 > >
6 > > Every time I start apache it generate this error in ssl_error_log
7 > > My certificate is for my domain-name not my localhost, and I don't have
8 > > any vhost configured with localhost so why is it trying to match
9 > > `localhost' to certificate CommonName?
10 >
11 > This is either a misconfigured apache or a wrong certificate.
12 >
13 > Could you post the certificate?
14 >
15 > $ openssl x509 -text -in <your_cert>
18 The (CN) of the certificate match out company name it doesn't match
19 localhost
22 #Joseph
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list