From: Andreas Karlsson <hermes@××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions for a TV Box
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:36:07
1 On Friday 29 July 2005 07.49, Tom Eastman wrote:
2 > Hey Guys,
3 >
4 > I've got a reasonably stripped down gentoo box (P3-733) with a good video
5 > card running in my living room, with the TV as its monitor and a wireless
6 > keyboard and mouse.
7
8 I am in quite the same situation. I have an AMD 1700+, 1 gig ram, as TV-out.
9 As a window manager I´m running xfce 4. It does not eat memory and it worked
10 fine with both 256 and 512 meg ram.
11 As player I´m useing kmplayer with support for both mplayer and xine so I can
12 use both engines. Works perfect.
13 Though I do not have any experience of MythTV, I´ve recon I don´t need it as
14 my video card only have TV-out. The only problem I had was the infamous blue
15 borders when playing movies in fullscreen, but putting this '/usr/bin/xvattr
16 -a XV_COLORKEY -v 66048' in .xinitrc did the trick. First you must emerge
17 xvattr.
18 Oh, and yes ofcurse, it is running Gentoo. :)
19
20 Best regards,
21 Andreas Karlsson