From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multi-user login manager
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 20:21:22
1 Two problems - I would like to run without X, but it seems that the
2 greeters need X to run ...
3
4 Also I want to run a multi-user system. I know you can put multiple
5 monitors on one graphics card, and that gives you a multi-head system,
6 but I've got TWO graphics cards. I want to plug in two keyboards, two
7 mice, and have two users sitting there.
8
9 From what I can make out, this isn't possible with sddm. Lightdm looks
10 like it might be possible, but there isn't a man page, and I haven't
11 installed it so I can't find out what's what.
12
13 Or can I fire up two instances of greetd? One on eg vt7 and the other on
14 vt8? If so, how do I configure vt7 and vt8 to be my two different
15 screen/keyboard/mouse combos?
16
17 Lightdm also says it will do vnc, but again, the lack of documentation...
18
19 And lastly, I remember something about waypipe. How easy is it to link
20 Windows and linux with waypipe?
21
22 I know I'm asking a lot, but I tend to find documentation makes sense
23 only after you already know what it's saying ... :-) I'm hoping for a
24 "cookbook" style approach, but I don't expect much of that because I
25 know what I'm doing isn't very common ...
26
27 Cheers,
28 Wol