From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mediawiki
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:36:27
1 I can't install Mediawiki 1.4.15.
2 I've installed:
3 a) apache 2.0.55-r1
4 b) dev-lang/php 5.1.2 (current flags in /etc/portage/package.use: dba
5 gd -gd-external pcre mysql mysqli session)
6 c) mysql 4.1.14-r1
7
8 I got the error "Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000
9 bytes" when creating the categorylinks table, so I've esecuted
10 "ALTER DATABASE wikidb DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE
11 latin1_general_ci".
12
13 Then I got the error "Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical
14 difficulties, and cannot contact the database server".
15 As far I can understand, this happens because of the new password
16 algorithm in mysql 4.1+, so I've remerged dev-lang/php with the
17 "mysqli" flag, but I still get the same error.
18
19 Does anybody know how to get mediawiki installed?
20
21 Thanks
22 Sergio
23 --