From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] framebuffer questions
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 03:04:34
1 > Sorry I can't be more help.
4 Geert Uytterhoeven, who's listed as the author at the
5 end of man fbset, pointed out that since I only have
6 one video card, I only need one framebuffer, whereas I
7 had two: ATI and VESA. So I reconfig'd w/o VESA and
8 removed the video=vesafb... from the kernel line in
9 grub.conf.
10
11 Then I put fbset -a 1024x768-76 in local.start and
12 rebooted. The framebuffer opens up beautifully.
13 Without the scrunch or big margins but still only in
14 the one console and it doesn't switch until the boot
15 process gets to the .start file. Rather have a
16 continuous high-res o/p from the start like with the
17 bootCD.
18
19 I think I should put it in /etc/inittab but where?
20 Does it matter? Or maybe it should be
21 video=aty128fb...on the kernel line. Still some
22 tweaking to do. But I think most of the heavy lifting
23 is over.
24
25 Thanks Dale.
26
27 Maxim.
32 Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
33 Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.
34 http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list