From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sda* missing at boot
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:12:39
1 On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
3 >>> > This is definitely not a choice that the gentoo disto made; it is coming
4 >>> > from several upstreams.
5 >>>
6 >>> I know it is from upstream but it still tastes really bad.   ;-)
7 >>
8 >> I can only agree!
9 >> I am having /usr on a LVM volume on all systems (Gentoo and non Gentoo).
10 >> This will be a MAJOR issue if /usr needs to be on /.
11 >
12 > It is my understanding that /usr does *not* need to be on /, only that
13 > if you do, you will need an initramfs. Look at
14 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/72275 and the thread
15 > that followed it.
16
17 ...and now I know that my entirely UUID-driven fstab may stop working,
18 if they choose not to add that particular "tweak/improvement".
23 :wq