From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] loop-aes
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 03:23:23
1 On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:30:25 -0400
2 Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > | The following works here:
6 > |
7 > | 1) ebuild `equery w loop-aes` unpack
8 > |
9 > | 2) cd $PORTDIR/sys-fs/loop-aes-<version>/work/loop-AES-<version>/
10 > |
11 > | 3) make EXTRA_CIPHERS=y
12 > |
13 > | 4) cd ../../
14 > |
15 > | 5) touch .compiled
16 > |
17 > | 6) cd
18 > |
19 > | 7) ebuild `equery w loop-aes` merge
20 > |
21 > |
22 > | (I actually stopped only up to step 3, but it finished w/o error)
23 > |
24 > |
25 > | Since you said something about lack of documentation about loop-aes,
26 > | have you already found this?
27 > |
28 > | http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES.README
29 > |
30 > |
31 > | NOTE: "In order to support AES and other ciphers, mount, umount,
32 > | losetup, swapon and swapoff need to be patched and
33 > | recompiled."
34 > |
35 > | There's a hope - Gentoo may provide a patched version of util-linux.
36 > | In case those tools are not already patched I wouldn't go that far
37 > | on a system which is not especially dedicated for this encryption
38 > | test of yours.
39 >
40 > Thanks for this. I will give it a try, when I get a chance.
43 Sorry, from your reply I saw there's an error in my message:
44
45 Step 2 should read: "$PORTAGE_TMPDIR/portage" instead of "$PORTDIR"
46
47 Anyways you'll see the correct directory for your system from the output
48 of "ebuild unpack". My apologies and good luck.
52 Best regards,
53 Daniel
54 --
55 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list