From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost free space on /
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:30:54
1 On Wednesday 10 June 2009 23:24:50 KH wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon schrieb:
3 > > On Wednesday 10 June 2009 21:50:27 Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
4 > >> But how many space on hard disk for it will be good?
5 > >
6 > > As much as you need.
7 > >
8 > > There's only one person who can determine that. That person is you.
9 >
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > I am sorry but I think if someone asks about an opinion here, writing
13 > something like: "that's all you desision, gentoo is not taking your hand
14 > for anything" is not helpful at all.
15 > We all know that our systems are fit to our personal needs. So every
16 > system is different. But asking should leed to something like: consider
17 > this, consider that ...
18
19 And how EXACTLY do you want me to answer the original question? Be specific,
20 "You should have done <blash>" responses don't help anyone. The question only
21 has vague guidelines for answers and is totally install- and need-dependant.
22
23 Do keep in mind that the original is a "do my homework for me" question and my
24 reply was designed to get the OP to look for himself. He didn't even post how
25 big his current /var is or what his machine is used for or even which logs
26 he'd like to have and keep.
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com