From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost free space on /
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:37:34
1 Alan McKinnon schrieb:
2 > On Wednesday 10 June 2009 23:24:50 KH wrote:
3 >> Alan McKinnon schrieb:
4 >>> On Wednesday 10 June 2009 21:50:27 Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
5 >>>> But how many space on hard disk for it will be good?
6 >>> As much as you need.
7 >>>
8 >>> There's only one person who can determine that. That person is you.
9 >> Hi,
10 >>
11 >> I am sorry but I think if someone asks about an opinion here, writing
12 >> something like: "that's all you desision, gentoo is not taking your hand
13 >> for anything" is not helpful at all.
14 >> We all know that our systems are fit to our personal needs. So every
15 >> system is different. But asking should leed to something like: consider
16 >> this, consider that ...
17 >
18 > And how EXACTLY do you want me to answer the original question? Be specific,
19 > "You should have done <blash>" responses don't help anyone. The question only
20 > has vague guidelines for answers and is totally install- and need-dependant.
21 >
22 > Do keep in mind that the original is a "do my homework for me" question and my
23 > reply was designed to get the OP to look for himself. He didn't even post how
24 > big his current /var is or what his machine is used for or even which logs
25 > he'd like to have and keep.
26 >
27 Hi,
28
29 I totaly do agree with you. There has been nothing indicated to give a
30 one out of one answer. In case someone is a noob, ( I am still one
31 because I don't no anything about how everything is working) what you
32 just wrote is the answer. Like what are your needs and what resurces do
33 you have?
34 Like I don't think it was something like "do my homework" but more like
35 "I don't even know what to look for".
36 This list is realy helpful. I am often searching answers or learn by
37 reading but sometimes it is just infront of someone not even knowing it
38 is there.
39 The OP said nothing and this is what could be replyed. Like "You said
40 nothing".
41 Often googling for something is leading to lists where absolutly no help
42 can be found because someone writes something like: "what can I do".
43 secend replays like: "do A". Frst: "cool this did it for me." In the end
44 nobody else can use this solution because it is just not EXACT.
45 So you are right.
46
47 kh