From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: rsync internal mirror configuration
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:01:12
1 > Methinks your indescretions and prejudices against micros, is insensitive
2 > to the future, sensate possibilitys of micros and the things they inhabit.
3 > micros are entering the human body at an alarming rate. Don't you thing
4 > we need mechanisms to keep their interal code robust and current?
5 > Nanobots are real and the very near future of medicine.
6
7 Yes but we get back to the point that I had been trying to make - the
8 embedded devices (even nanobots) would not need to build from source. I
9 know if I had embedded nanobots I would want them focusing on the job they
10 were embedded for, not recompiling source from the latest software updates.
11
12 That's the distinction between a source based an binary based distribution.
13 Use the source based distro to optimize for hardware then that is the
14 template for the binary based distro to the embedded systems.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list