From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] custom-cxxflags not supported but on anyway
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:44:36
1 On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:50:37 +0100, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
4 > > Use --reinstall changed-use instead of --newuse. It saves on pointless
5 > > rebuilds.
6
7 > Hm I must have missed this option somehow. Good to know there is such
8 > feature. I guess in this case only the portage package database is
9 > updated.
10
11 It's fairly new, especially on stable. AFAIK it doesn't touch the package
12 database, so a subsequent --newuse will still want to rebuild the package.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Check three friends. If they're OK, you're it.