From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: File system testing
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:20:33
1 As far as HDFS goes, I would only set that up if you will use it for
2 Hadoop or related tools. It's highly specific, and the performance is
3 not good unless you're doing a massively parallel read (what it was
4 designed for). I can elaborate why if anyone is actually interested.
5
6 We use Lustre for our high performance general storage. I don't have any
7 numbers, but I'm pretty sure it is *really* fast (10Gbit/s over IB
8 sounds familiar, but don't quote me on that).
9 >
10 > Personally, I would read up on these and see how they work. Then,
11 > based on that, decide if they are likely to assist in the specific
12 > situation you are interested in.
13 >
14 Always good advice.
15