From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince won't open PDFs
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 04:26:20
1 Chris Thomas wrote:
2 > Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure there's no pdf use flag. Make
3 > sure Evince is listed as the default application for pdfs in your web
4 > browser.
5 >
6 > -Chris
7 >
8 > On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com> wrote:
9 >
10 >> Grant wrote:
11 >>
12 >>> For some reason, evince won't open PDFs anymore. I've tried different
13 >>> versions of evince, poppler, and shared-mime-info, but evince says:
14 >>>
15 >>> "File type PDF document (application/pdf) is not supported"
16 >>>
17 >>> epdfview works, but it segfaults when trying to open shipping labels
18 >>> from usps.com. Does anyone have any ideas on getting evince back to
19 >>> normal? I did try deleting .gnome2/evince.
20 >>>
21 >>> - Grant
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >> I've always preferred xpdf just for simplicity, but be sure you have
26 >> 'pdf' in your USE flags for make.conf either way. That would probably
27 >> handle the error of pdf being an unsupported file type.
33 Consult /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc and tell me that again.