From: Chris Thomas <sruchris@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince won't open PDFs
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 04:04:17
1 Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure there's no pdf use flag. Make
2 sure Evince is listed as the default application for pdfs in your web
3 browser.
4
5 -Chris
6
7 On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > Grant wrote:
9 >> For some reason, evince won't open PDFs anymore. I've tried different
10 >> versions of evince, poppler, and shared-mime-info, but evince says:
11 >>
12 >> "File type PDF document (application/pdf) is not supported"
13 >>
14 >> epdfview works, but it segfaults when trying to open shipping labels
15 >> from usps.com. Does anyone have any ideas on getting evince back to
16 >> normal? I did try deleting .gnome2/evince.
17 >>
18 >> - Grant
21 > I've always preferred xpdf just for simplicity, but be sure you have
22 > 'pdf' in your USE flags for make.conf either way. That would probably
23 > handle the error of pdf being an unsupported file type.