From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] evince won't open PDFs
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:32:30
1 Grant wrote:
2 > For some reason, evince won't open PDFs anymore. I've tried different
3 > versions of evince, poppler, and shared-mime-info, but evince says:
4 >
5 > "File type PDF document (application/pdf) is not supported"
6 >
7 > epdfview works, but it segfaults when trying to open shipping labels
8 > from usps.com. Does anyone have any ideas on getting evince back to
9 > normal? I did try deleting .gnome2/evince.
10 >
11 > - Grant
14 I've always preferred xpdf just for simplicity, but be sure you have
15 'pdf' in your USE flags for make.conf either way. That would probably
16 handle the error of pdf being an unsupported file type.