From: Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD success - I think
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:36:23
2 > > Man
3 > > fstrim makes no mention of file-system types.
4 > >
5 > > Maybe I've not laid out the partitions properly. I used gparted from a
6 > > recent
7 > > System Rescue CD (http://sysresccd.org), which said it was leaving 1MB
8 > > unused
9 > > before /dev/sda1.
10 > >
11 > > While I'm here, would anyone like to suggest suitable parameters to mkfs
12 > > for
13 > > any of my file-systems? Here's the fstab:
14 > >
15 > > /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 noauto,relatime 1
16 > > 2
17 > > /dev/sda2 none swap sw 0
18 > > 0
19 > > /dev/sda5 / ext4 relatime 0
20 > > 1
21 >
22 > you might want this to read relatime,discard to handle the trim
23 > automagically. if you are concerned about writes i'd suggest noatime for
24 > all of these
27 I agree. Also I recommend async, nodiratime and norealtime. All these will
28 make a better performance. See man mount.
29
30 Bytes! ;)